HDDScan is a Hard Disk Diagnostic tool. It helps you to scan your hard disk and check its health status. It not only supports only Hard Disk but also supports RAID arrays servers, Flash USB and SSD drives.
This program can test storage device for errors. It can show S.M.A.R.T. attributes and it can also change some HDD parameters such as AAM, APM, etc.
This hard disk checker or hard disk scanner is very useful for regular computer users. It is more useful for performing the regular “health test” for your drive and predicting its degradation, so you will be able to prevent data loss from your hard disk.
This program supports these storage devices:
- IDE (ATA) and SATA HDD.
- SCSI (SAS) HDD.
- External USB drives and all major USB boxes (see Appendix A).
- FireWire or IEEE 1394 HDD (see Appendix A).
- RAID volumes made of ATA (IDE) / SATA / SCSI HDDs (surface tests only).
- USB Flash (pen drives) – surface tests only.
- SATA / ATA SSD – solid state drives.
Storage device tests:
- Verification in linear mode – helps to determine if your drive needs data rescue, has recoverable errors or in its perfect shape.
- Reading in linear mode – simpler, but faster disk check.
- Erasing in linear mode.
- Reading in Butterfly mode (synthetic random read).
- Reading and analyzing SMART parameters from ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD.
- Reading and analyzing Log Pages from SCSI HDD.
- SMART tests running on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD.
- Temperature monitor for ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD.
It has some great additional features:
- Reading and analyzing identity information from ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD.
- Changing AAM, APM, PM parameters on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire HDD.
- Reporting defect information on SCSI HDD.
- Spindle start/stop function on ATA/SATA/USB/FireWire/SCSI HDD.
- Reports can be saved in MHT format.
- Reports can be printed.
- Skins support.
- Command line support.
- SSD SMART and Identity reports.
HDDScan is very easy to use and it has a user-friendly interface so that any one can use it easily.