ExpressVPN free download for PC Windows (10/8/7/11)
ExpressVPN is a recent but well-known one of the most popular VPN services that offers 3000 server locations across 94 countries.
It is one of the most popular VPNs and also the highest-priced Virtual Private Network. It encrypts all your web traffic to a remote server and protects your data by hiding your identity.
However, it is not a free VPN service and it doesn’t offer any trial version. But it can unblock almost any streaming service (For example, Netflix), any blocked website, and much more.
ExpressVPN offers a various number of features that can be game-changing. Here you can get some idea about it.
Multiple platforms supported
You can download and install ExpressVPN on multiple platforms. Such as Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS. Even you can install it on your router directly and on your Smart TV. It is also compatible with many game consoles.
This VPN supports:
- iPhone, iPad & iPod
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge
- Asus RT-AC56(U/R/S)
- Asus RT-AC68U (up to v3)
- Asus RT-AC87U
- Linksys EA6200
- Linksys WRT1200AC
- Linksys WRT1900ACS
- Linksys WRT1900ACS V2
- Linksys WRT1900AC 13J1
- Linksys WRT1900AC 13J2
- Linksys WRT3200ACM
- Linksys WRT32X
- Netgear R6300v2
- Netgear Nighthawk R6400v2
- Netgear Nighthawk R6700v3
- Netgear Nighthawk R7000
- Netgear Nighthawk R7000P
- ExpressVPN’s exclusive router: Aircove
- Smart TV
- Fire TV & Kindle Fire
- Android TV
- Nvidia Shield
- Google Chromecast
- Samsung Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick
- LG Smart TVs
- Mi Box
- Gaming Consoles
- PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5
- Xbox One (s) and Xbox 360
- Nintendo Switch
- Steam Deck
- Meta Quest 2
- Smart Home Devices
Best Gaming Experience on PC
Though it is considered one of the fastest VPNs, it may decrease your internet speed. However, it is good enough to stream your online games. It also helps you to reduce the ping time between gaming servers by connecting you to the closer location that is best for your game.
You can play Fortnite, League of Legends, Call of Duty: Warzone, etc. without worrying about data stealing. It also protects you from DDoS attacks.
Not only this but also if your ISP throttles gaming traffic, this VPN can also bypass these kinds of restrictions and allow you to get more better gaming experience.
However, while we were reviewing ExpressVPN and comparing it with other premium VPNs, we found that NordVPN performs remarkably better than it.
|VPN||Minimum Speed||Average Speed||Maximum Speed|
|ExpressVPN||35 Mbps||47.5 Mbps||60 Mbps|
|NordVPN||190 Mbps||230 Mbps||270 Mbps|
As you can see, during our test we got a huge number of differences between NordVPN and ExpressVPN. That’s why we think if you are thinking about buying a VPN for your game, NordVPN would be the best choice.
Choose your desired app to be protected
With ExpressVPN for Windows, you can choose a specific app to be protected using this VPN. This is called VPN split tunneling.
For example, you are using Google Chrome, Firefox, and Opera Browser at a time. Now, you are thinking about connecting VPN but you only need to protect Google Chrome or bypass a blocked website that you are about to open on Google Chrome. In this kind of situation, you can just turn on the VPN for Google Chrome and other browsers won’t be connected with it.
As we all know, a VPN may slow down your internet speed. But by using this feature, you can just use this VPN for your desired app and other apps will be unaffected.
How to use this feature?
To use this feature, first, you need to disconnect the VPN connection. Then just follow the steps below:
- First, open ExpressVPN.
- Click on the bar icon placed top-left corner.
- Now click on “Options“.
- From the General section, check the box under the “Split Tunneling” section.
- Click on Settings.
- Now you will see a list of apps that are currently running. Check the app(s) that you want to be connected with this VPN.
- Save the settings and you are done.
Best Data Protection using TrustedServer technology
This amazing VPN uses the latest TrustedServer technology to protect your data. All the servers that are supported by this VPN run on RAM. It means all the data that are stored while you are using it, will be removed when the servers are rebooted.
For this feature, hackers won’t be able to steal your data easily. Not only that even if a government agency wants to track your data, they need to face many difficulties to track it.
Auto blocks malicious Websites
One of the best features of ExpressVPN is it can detect malicious websites and automatically block them before accessing them.
Because of this feature, you will be safe from any kind of virus-injecting websites and phishing sites.
The New, Faster, More Secure VPN Protocol
This VPN uses its own built protocol to provide the best and fastest user experience. It is called the Lightway protocol. This protocol is designed to be faster and more secure than previous protocols. It is available for all ExpressVPN’s apps.
It consumes less CPU and memory resources than other protocols. By doing this it provides more improved performance, especially on devices with limited resources.
It uses a newer encryption cipher called ChaCha20, which is considered as more secure and reliable.
User Security Features of ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN offers several security features, especially for its users. These are:
- Military-grade encryption: This VPN uses AES-256 encryption. It is the same encryption technic that is used by the U.S. government and security experts worldwide to protect information. This kind of encryption makes it virtually impossible for anyone to eavesdrop on your online traffic.
- No logs policy: This VPN does not store any logs of your online activity. It includes your IP address, browsing history, or DNS queries. This means that even if a government agency or hacker were to track ExpressVPN’s data, they would find nothing.
- Kill switch: The kill switch feature is a security feature that automatically disconnects your internet connection if your VPN connection drops. Because of this your real IP address never gets exposed to others.
Subscriptions and Pricing
As we have already mentioned, Express VPN download for PC is one of the most expensive VPNs available on the internet.
It offers you three subscription plans. Look at the table below to learn about the pricing at a glance.
|Plan||Price (per month)||You save|
Compare the pricing with other VPNs
Here is a comparison of ExpressVPN pricing with other VPNs available on the internet:
|VPN Provider||1-Month Plan||6-Month Plan (per month)||1-Year Plan (per month)|
|Private Internet Access||$9.95||$3.99||$2.19|
As you can see, ExpressVPN is one of the more expensive VPNs on the market. However, it also offers some of the best features and performance. If you are looking for a premium VPN with a wide range of features and servers, then ExpressVPN is a good option.
ExpressVPN vs. other VPNs
Here is a comparison of ExpressVPN’s features with other popular VPNs:
|Feature||ExpressVPN||NordVPN||Surfshark||CyberGhost||Private Internet Access||TunnerlBear|
|Number of servers||3,000+||5,500+||3,200+||7,000+||30,000+||3,200+|
|Server locations||94 countries||60 countries||65 countries||91 countries||83 countries||60 countries|
|Protocols||OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec, L2TP/IPSec||OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec, WireGuard||OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec, WireGuard||OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec||OpenVPN, WireGuard||OpenVPN, IKEv2/IPSec|
|Customer support||24/7 live chat, email, and ticket support||24/7 live chat, email, and ticket support||24/7 live chat, email, and ticket support||24/7 live chat, email, and ticket support||24/7 live chat, email, and ticket support||24/7 live chat and email support|
As you can see, ExpressVPN and NordVPN are very similar in terms of features and performance. They both have a large number of servers in many countries, strong encryption, and a kill switch. They also both offer ad blockers, split tunneling, and torrenting. But in terms of speed, Nord VPN beats Express VPN.
ExpressVPN and TunnelBear are very similar in terms of features and performance. They both have a large number of servers in many countries, strong encryption, and a kill switch. They also both offer torrenting and Netflix unblocking. The main difference between the two is that ExpressVPN has a slightly smaller number of servers than ExpressVPN.
Ultimately, the best VPN for you will depend on your individual needs and budget. If you’re looking for the best features and performance, then ExpressVPN is a good option. If you’re on a budget, then Surfshark or Private Internet Access are good choices.
How to set up ExpressVPN
You can set up this awesome VPN on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC by following these simple steps.
- First, you need to download the installer of ExpressVPN.
- You can download this installer easily from this website.
- Just click on the download button placed at the top of this page.
- After that, you will be taken to the download page of it.
- Click on the download button on that page and your download will start immediately.
- Once the downloading process is complete, you will receive an installer that will guide you through the installation of ExpressVPN on your Windows PC.
- Run the installer by double-clicking on it.
- You may see a system warning. Click on “Yes” to allow the installer to run.
- Then follow the instructions shown on the installing window to install it on your PC.
Start using ExpressVPN
- Once ExpressVPN is installed, open the app.
- A window will appear where you need to log in using your account or create a new account.
- If you already have an account with ExpressVPN, you can simply log in. Otherwise, you will need to create an account first to use this VPN service.
- Then you need to choose the server you want to connect to.
- After that, just click on the “Connect” button to start using ExpressVPN.
Pros & Cons of ExpressVPN
- One of the best VPN services on the internet.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Fast speeds and reliable connections
- No logs policy
- Large server network
- Easy to use and configure
- Supports a wide range of devices and platforms
- Don’t have any trial version.
- More expensive than some other VPN providers
FAQs on ExpressVPN
What is the interface of ExpressVPN?
This VPN has a user-friendly interface that is easier to navigate compared to its competitors. Upon launching the app, you will be greeted with a simple window featuring a large button. This button enables you to easily connect and disconnect the VPN connection. Once connected, the tool will display shortcuts to popular websites and applications.
How many servers can be accessed?
ExpressVPN has over 3,000 servers in 94 countries. This gives you a wide range of options to choose from, no matter where you are in the world. The servers are spread across 160 different locations, so you can always find one that is close to you and provides good speeds.
Can I access any website?
ExpressVPN can be used to access any website that is not blocked by the VPN itself. This includes most websites, including social media, news sites, streaming services, and more. There might be some websites that may be blocked by the government or internet service providers in certain countries. This VPN can help you to unblock these websites by connecting to a server in a different country.
Will ExpressVPN slow down my internet experience?
ExpressVPN is considered to be one of the fastest VPNs on the market. But there is a possibility that this VPN can slow down your internet experience. But it depends on several factors, including your original internet speed, the VPN server you are connected to, and the VPN protocol you are using.
Is it secure?
ExpressVPN is one of the best secure VPNs available in the market. It uses strong encryption, has a strict no-logs policy, and is based in a privacy-friendly jurisdiction.
How good is the support team of ExpressVPN?
ExpressVPN’s support team is generally considered to be very good. They offer 24/7 live chat support, as well as email support. In our experience, the live chat support is very responsive and helpful. We have always been able to get our questions answered quickly and easily.
When should I use a VPN?
You should use a VPN whenever you want to protect your privacy and security online. Here are some specific situations where using a VPN is a good idea:
- When using public Wi-Fi: Public Wi-Fi networks are often unsecured. Because if you are using public Wi-Fi, anyone can potentially break your data. Using a VPN can help to protect your data from being stolen or broken.
- When traveling: In some countries, the government or ISPs may block certain websites or services. Using a VPN can help you bypass these blocks and access the websites you want.
- When streaming or downloading copyrighted content: Some ISPs may throttle your bandwidth or even disconnect you if they detect that you are streaming or downloading copyrighted content. Using a VPN can help to hide your activity from your ISP and prevent them from taking action against you.
- When using a Tor browser: The Tor browser is a great way to protect your privacy online, but it can be slow. Using a VPN with Tor can help to improve your speeds.
- When doing online banking or shopping: When you enter your personal or financial information online, you want to make sure that it is secure. Using a VPN can help to protect your data from being stolen or intercepted.
If you are looking for a great and popular VPN service, ExpressVPN might be your best choice. As we have already mentioned before, it has a user-friendly interface, easy to use, and has a wide range of features.
Most importantly, this software is compatible with multiple operating systems, including Windows 11. This means you can establish secure connections on a range of different devices.
So, what are you waiting for? Download this awesome VPN and start getting access to streaming services, blocked websites, and more.