Download Freeplane for your Windows 64 bit or 32 bit PC. Free download the latest version 2021 of the software from NearFile.
Freeplane is a free and open-source software application for Mind Mapping and electronic outlining. This software can be used for analyzing the information contained in mind maps. Freeplane is written in java so it can run on any operating system that has a current version of Java installed. One can also run it locally or portably from removable storage like a USB drive.
Features and Highlights
- It can take note freely positionable, unconnected nodes (post-it’s);
- Then it can Order ideas (nodes) into a hierarchy connected by lines (edges);
- It can Classify nodes with metadata (attributes) and style types (system styles, user-defined styles, level styles);
- Also it can Group nodes with visual containers (clouds) and accolade (summary node);
- This software can Connect nodes with dynamic links, free lines (connectors) and labels;
- It can Automatically style nodes (with a bubble, color, edge type, etc.) according to hierarchical level and content (conditional styles, automatic edge color, level styles);
- Moreover it can Structure nodes in terms of content (text, scientific formula, calculation, icon, image, and hyperlink) and presentation area (core, details, notes, attributes, images, and tooltip);
- Also it can Change views by hiding content (folding branches, filtering, a roll-up of details and hiding extensions in the tooltip), finding, scrolling and navigating;
- It has Task with calendar and reminders;
- Has Password protection of whole map and of individual nodes with DES encryption;
Note: Freeplane can be worked only on the operating system that has Java Runtime Environment installed.
Download Freeplane For Windows
Follow these steps to download Freeplane properly –
- Firstly click on the blue button named “Download” above on this page.
- After clicking on the blue button, you will be redirected to the Download page. From there click on the blue download button and then the download will start automatically.
- Finally, within a few minutes, the downloading process will finish. Or you could be directed to the Official Download page of this software.
How to install Freeplane on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7?
You have completed your downloading process properly. Now you need to know installation process for using this software on your PC.
- First, double click on your downloaded file by your mouse or touchpad, or screen. Your Pc will ask you for confirmation then. You need to click on “Yes” to continue the installation.
- Secondly, you need to follow the installation instructions provided by the software and agree to its terms and conditions. Always remember, most apps enable you to customize the installation. In this case, if you do not know what to choose, leave the default options.
- Finally, you need to wait for the installation to complete. After that when you see the successful installation confirmation, Click on Finish.
Your installing process is complete. Now use your software and if you face any problem regarding any using issue contact the developers.
How to uninstall Freeplane on Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7?
After using the software, if you think, you do not need this tool anymore then you can uninstall the software. Follow these steps to uninstall any software –
For Windows 10 follow these steps:
- Open Windows 10 settings.
- Now, navigate to the Apps section.
- Apps list will appear, search for Freeplane.
- Click on it, then click uninstall.
- After that, Confirm Uninstalling.
For Windows 7, 8, 8.1 follow these steps:
- Go to your Pc’s “Control Panel”
- Search for “Program” or “Program and Features”
- After appearing in front of you, click on “Uninstall a Program”
- Now look for “Freeplane” and click on “Uninstall”
- Within a few seconds, the uninstallation will complete.
Following this process, you can uninstall any program you want.