Dia is a call for technical diagrams to be developed. The gui and functionality of the Visio Windows software are loosely configured. Dia capabilities include multi-page printing, exporting to several (EPS, SVG, CGM, and PNG) formats, and user-generated custom types as basic XML explanations. Dia is ideal for drawing UML, network, and flowcharts diagrams.
In a variety of sectors, Dia can be used by many people.
- For system analysis and architecture, a system engineer may construct SADT diagrams.
- An engineer will write specifications, for example. Diagram RE-KAOS, diagrams RE-Jackson or RE-I*.
- A creator of software can build and extend UML charts of different styles with the simplicity of a tool for general usage diagram.
- A creator of a database may represent ER-diagram data relations.
- Cybernetics may be drawn by a control engineer.
- A programmer can construct a flow chart that displays the program execution path.
- A network administrator can build the business network model diagram.
- An electrical engineer may use diagram to demonstrate how a circuit operates.
- Some hydraulic or pneumatic maps may be designed by a mechanical engineer.